- What’s your background and how did you get into management?
- What are the biggest challenges you face?
- What is your approach to hiring?
- What’s your advice for managers who are just starting out?
- What’s your workday like and how do you manage your time, emails, etc.?
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success?
Location: San Francisco, CA
Current Role: SVP of Engineering at Kindred.ai
What’s your background and how did you get into management?
I did my Ph.D. in Computer Networking and joined Bell Labs. After a few years, I realized that I have a lot of passion for building products. This took me to Bay Area. Becoming a manager was quite organic. I proposed a project and was soon leading a team of engineers as a Tech Lead.